Archive for the ‘Events’ Category

BRC Evening with Nicola Wilson and Chris Bartle

Saturday, October 24th, 2015

BRC Area 4 invites you to an evening with..
at The Bridge Hotel. Walshford. Weatherby. LS22 5HS
Tuesday 24th November 2015
7:30pm start – a light supper at 9pm
It will be an informal Q & A evening and is FREE to all BRC members so please come along and support this evening.
This is an ideal opportunity to get together with friends, meet Nicola and Chris and not a horse in sight!
There will be tea & coffee available when you arrive and a light supper served at 9pm. The hotel has a public bar which members are welcome to use.
The Bridge Hotel is central to area 4 and easily accessed just off the A1. Full directions can be found on their web site.
We need an idea of numbers for food, so please let me know if you intend to come ASAP.
For numbers and any questions please contact Margaret: or 07905692423.

Area 4 Liaison Group AGM meeting

Saturday, October 24th, 2015

Title: Area 4 Liaison Group AGM meeting
Location: The Bay Horse Goldsborough
Description: Hi everyone,
Monday nights meeting is likely to be quite a long affair. You should have received the email from head office about the disbanding of the NEC. There are a lot of implications to discuss. In addition to this we have the elections for the area officials as well normal AGM stuff. Could I please ask that we are all there in plenty of time to start at 8pm?
Just in case some of you have been missed off the communication and don’t know what I am talking about re NEC, here is the text from the email from Laura Sanger.

Dear BRC Member

Today is the start of the future development of BRC as we launch the new BRC Advisory Committee, which will be comprised of six members of the former NEC. All 23 Area Representatives will continue to meet twice a year.

All organisations evolve and develop over a period of time and The British Horse Society and British Riding Clubs are no different. Everyone will have a recollection of a charity changing its name to fit the modern world or of an organisation restructuring its board and terms of reference to meet the demands of delivering quality services to its members. The BHS Board of Trustees have been working hard over the past two years to ensure that every aspect of the Society’s work is supported by a robust committee structure and we are announcing today the new BRC Advisory Committee. This FAQ document will explain the new structure and answer some of the questions which you may have.

BRC members may be asking how this will affect them and their club. The short answer is that nothing will change. Clubs will still be affiliated to The British Horse Society and will remain autonomous. Every club will have its own constitution and club rules and they will continue to elect their own committee to run their club for them. There will be no change to the payment structure and members will continue to join their club, paying the membership fee direct to the club. The BRC Area structure will also remain unchanged. BRC will organise the six Championships which take place each year and these will continue to develop and grow. Training will always be a hugely important part of BRC and we hope to introduce many more training opportunities for all members in the future.

It is important to note that while the BRC NEC was not involved in the introduction of the Advisory Committee, this email has been sent out with their knowledge and understanding.

Please do not hesitate to contact either myself or any of the BRC team at HQ, who will be happy to answer any of the queries which you may have.

Best wishes

Laura Sanger
Head of BRC

Start Time: 20:00
Date: 2015-10-26

Area 4 Camp 2015

Wednesday, August 5th, 2015

Please could anyone who has sent a form and paid a deposit for camp at BB, PLEASE SEND THEIR BALANCE TODAY ……. balance was due 13th July.

If you don not wish to attend camp please e mail me ASAP.

I have to confirm final stable and food numbers by the end of the week.


Many thanks,



BRC Provisional Hat Guidelines for 2016

Tuesday, July 14th, 2015

Hi Everyone,

Just to give you a heads up on the new hat rules for next year. Laura from Head Office has sent this out.  2016 BRC Provisional Hat Rules

Please feel free to distribute this among your members. If people know what standards will be expected it may stop them making an expensive mistakes.

We saw some brand new hats this weekend that will not pass the new standards next year. Price is not always a guarantee that the hat is up to standard, some of the very expensive ones on sale at the moment are not to future standards.

Also please let your members know that they will all need new tags from 1st Jan next year. With this in mind we will endeavor to have extra hat taggers at the early competitions next year.


DTM, PAIRS, MED, JORVIK and Summer Show Details 2015

Tuesday, June 9th, 2015

Hi everyone

We are intending to carry on with the Jorvic Championship at the DTM  I have enclosed a  schedule

It will be up to the clubs how to decide who to send. But to try and keep it within Grizels “grassroots” ideal, we have put a ceiling on  maxBD points for each test.

See Schedule attached.

Please note the Jorvic rules are for the Jorvic only. The qualifiers are covered by the BRC Rulebook.

Any questions, please get in touch. please remember I don’t do facebook, so can’t answer any question posted on there.

DTM Entry form is here DTM_PAIRS_MED_JORVIC entry form 2015

Summer show entry form is here Summer show entry form 2015

Thanks Denise

Area 4 Camp Booking forms for 2015!!!!

Friday, April 10th, 2015

Entries are now closed for the camp balances are due by Monday 13th July thankyou

Attached is the booking form for Area 4 Summer Camp at Bishop Burton and the Junior Camp Booking form PLEASE DO NOT USE LAST YEARS FORM!!!


Last years camp was a great success and we welcome all members of Area 4 Riding Clubs for a fun weekend of horsing around xxx

Sundays competition at Bishop Burton will start an hour later than scheduled!!!

Saturday, January 31st, 2015

Hi everyone just to confirm that tomorrows competition at Bishop Burton College Sunday 1st February will be starting an hour later than scheduled at 10am!!

This is to allow the frost to clear a bit before we start


Many thanks Maggie


Invitation to meet BRC staff for Q & A session, followed by regular Area 4 meeting on Monday 26th January

Tuesday, January 20th, 2015

At the Area 4 Liaison Group meeting on the Monday 26th Jan @ The Bay Horse Goldsborough.

There will be 2 of the staff from BRC headquarters visiting us and will take questions from the clubs. Please note, however, these questions must be mailed to our Chair Maggie Smith beforehand and by Thursday 22nd at the latest please. There are to be no questions asked during this meeting unless they have been emailed to Maggie prior thankyou.

This special meeting will begin at 7pm and the usual area 4 meeting will start at  8pm.  Anyone who is a BRC Area 4 member is welcome but please liaise with your club if you have not attended a meeting before or if you wish to submit a question.



Rulebook for 2015

Thursday, January 1st, 2015

Here it is the BRC rulebook for 2015 !!!


Happy Reading and Happy New Year all :-)


BRC Rulebook 2015

Message from your new Chairperson Maggie Smith

Tuesday, December 16th, 2014

Good afternoon all,

This is my first official ‘Thank You’ as area 4 Chair.

Saturday was a very successful day and congratulations to all the clubs who went home with rosettes and Good Luck to all our riders who will be going to the championships! Lets hope we keep some national champions in Area 4!

Please pass on a huge ‘Thank You’ to all A.D.R.C. & Brimham members who gave their time to steward and help make the day very pleasant. The feed back has been great about all helpers. It makes you feel better when the nerves are building and adrenalin is high and the steward has a smile! I know

Another team who must be mentioned is Sue Elmsley and her team from Harewood, Ackworth and Brimham, who crunched numbers, collected sheets and VIP job…updated the score board.
I know people just want to go home once they have finished but scoring takes time and if there are questions then we want to get it right. Thank you again Sue.

R.E.C. made us very welcome and the centre looks fantastic with it’s face lift. Thank you to Donna and her hard working team with a special mention to the ‘car parking’ ‘team!

If I have missed any one it is by mistake.

See you all after Christmas!


Margaret Smith
Area 4 Chair

Bottom HR